Sunday, June 28, 2009

He's a Big Kid Now!

I have not yet come to terms with the fact that my little man is growing up quickly. Yes, he no longer needs me to rock him to sleep, and he can crawl all over. He not only prefers solids to bottles, he is now insisting on feeding himself. But I still look at him as my little baby, not much different from when he was born.

But the beginning of the end has come. He has outgrown his car seat. We have a Graco Snugride Infant Carrier. It has served us well for the past seven months and change, and is so much easier than having to clip him in and pull him out when we're running errands. Plus we have a great little fold-up stroller that we can snap the seat right into. However, with 13 lbs of carrier and 21+ lbs of baby, it's just too heavy to carry around anymore. But I put up with it, partly because I refused to come to terms with the fact that he's growing up.

However, he is about to outgrow the 29 inch length limit and 22 lb weight limit for the car seat, so it's time to upgrade. We found Recaro Como convertible seats on Woot.com months ago, and they've been sitting in the basement since. Ted is going to install them today, and the days of the infant carrier are over. I'm irrationally sad about this....

No comments:

Post a Comment