Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Beginning of the Blog

To begin, I will introduce myself. I am a 28-year-old married mother and teacher in Baltimore, Maryland. I have a seven-month-old son who is simultaneously the best thing that ever happened to me and the reason why I wonder if liquor stores deliver.

I must be honest that I'm not certain why I'm starting this blog. There certainly is not a lack of information on mothering out there -- I've been on new mommy blogs, working mom blogs, stay-at-home mom blogs, thrifty mothers, mothers of boys, green moms, plus chat rooms for all of the above. I am certainly no expert on the topic. And it's certainly not like I have free time -- for the last seven months I have considered going to the bathroom "me time".

What I hope to contribute is my own perspective, ideas, thoughts, and goals on being a new mother. I have a somewhat unique situation in that I am a working mother and a stay at home mom; I teach full-time nine months out of the year, and then have the summers off. So I get a taste of both sides of the playground fence.

I hope you, as the reader, will enjoy my insight and perhaps provide me with advice, humor, or maybe just a listening ear as I share my lessons in motherhood.

1 comment:

  1. the Meredith liquor store ALWAYS delivers :-) this blog needs more BABY PICTURES!!

    ReplyDelete